Thursday, August 30, 2007

Mother of the year

I knew it would happen. It happens to every kid and for some kids multiple times. I just knew the day would come, but not on my watch. I would be damned if Charlie would ever fall, be dropped or get hurt on my watch. Well, I stand corrected. Charlie fell asleep on our bed as he often does (he loves taking naps on our bed since we have the ceiling fan in there and is more snugly than his crib). I surrounded him with pillows and went out to the kitchen to continue posting things on his blog. I heard a thud and scream and found him face down on our hardwood floor. Oh my god! There's no word to describe how I felt. After many tears from him, more tears from me, a call to KC so I could sob and a small red spot on his head, I determined he was going to be fine. I'm sorry Charlie! You're banished to your crib from now on buddy...sorry!

No comments: