Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Tripp Trapp

I've been looking for highchairs for the past couple of weeks and had a list of criteria that needed to be met.

Must be compact (with a 980 sq ft house this is a must)
Modern and stylish
Easy to clean
Comfy for little guy
Durable
As little plastic as possible
Versatile
Unique

I think I found it! The Stokke Tripp Trapp chair. The only set back was the price. Although it was more than I wanted spend, the clincher for me was trying to buy one used from a woman out in Sammamish. She had posted an ad on Craig's List and we gave her a call. She wanted $150 for a tripp trapp that was 3 years old (they retail for $199) and she originally bought it when her daughter was 3 years old and has used it since. 3 years old! We can get tons of mileage out of this thing and it holds it's value too. SOLD! She didn't have the strap that was needed for Charlie to use it, so we went to the local retailer and brought one home. If there's one thing that I've realized about myself since Charlie's been born is that 1) I'm a sucker - what? My child must have this for ____ reason? Sold. 2) I'm a consumer. I like new...I know, I know, it's bad. But I do. So, there.

Charlie loves it...what do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dear charlie......i love you so very much.....your sweet soul just radiates through your mama's captivating photographs. I can't wait nuzzle, cuzzle you. love....mae mae.