Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Rough day for Charlie


Today was Charlie's 4 month check-up with Dr. McMahon. Knowing I could barely handle his 2 month appointment alone, I asked KC to come along. The last time I took him to the Doctor, I was completely unprepared for the nurse to stab, yes I said stab, my childs legs with four very large needles. I learned three very valuable lessons from that appointment. One - Give him tylenol before the appointment. Two - He's a bleeder and the tiny one inch round bandaides simply won't work, they just slide off. Three - I repeat, he's a bleeder. Don't dress him in his cutest, most adorable, heirloom outfit. He will get blood all over it.

Luckily everything went well today and without further ado, here are his stats.


Height: 24 inches (25 to 50%)
Weight: 12 lbs, 6 oz (10%)
Head: 42 cm (50%)

We were tickled to hear that he's a healthy boy. We knew he was thriving but there's just something about your Doctor confirming the facts. He's doing so well, we don't need to introduce new foods quite yet and he can continue to nurse 100% until 6 months. Yeah! I was planning to leave the room when the nurse returned, but then felt guilty, I needed to support my boy, to be strong for Charlie - I know, so dramatic. So I stayed. He cried, he screamed, he bled. He's a bleeder. Poor Charlie.




No comments: