Monday, April 28, 2008

Strike up the band

The house I grew up in was located on a direct route between a Rose Parade float warehouse, where they create many floats each year and Colorado Blvd. Every year on New Years Eve, we would have our own mini Rose Parade in front of our home while 10 or so floats were being driven to the starting point. We loved it and were lucky if we walked away with a few flowers thrown by the workers riding the floats. I had a similar feeling tonight. Our local High School is about 6 blocks away. When they're preparing for a parade, they use the streets of Ballard as their practice route. KC and I were getting Charlie ready for bed when I heard the music. I ran outside and saw them about a block away, moving in our direction. All the neighbors came out and many decided to join the "parade" by walking the sidewalks with the band. Charlie was dancing around and having a great time!


No comments: