Thursday, November 1, 2007

Ahoy!

I have wonderful memories of Halloween as a child growing up in Arcadia. The costumes my mom would make were amazing and I really wanted to do the same for Charlie. But alas...my procrastination that has plagued me for as long as I can remember reared it's ugly head and I found myself running around on Monday trying to come up with an appropriate costume. I found an adorable pirate's hat at Gymboree for $5 and couldn't pass it up. I tried to find red and white striped tights or sock, but found a better solution with a pair of striped Christmas pajamas with a little gingerbread man on the chest (which we covered up with his white kimono onsie). We finished the outfit with a pair of black corduroy pants that I rolled up. I was so proud of myself for putting together his outfit with clothes he could really use after Halloween had come and gone. And the best part about his costume? He looked adorable! Auntie Meg, her best friends and our neighbors John and Stacy came over for chili and Charlie of course. We had about 10 to 12 groups of kids trick-or-treat, which was so fun. Bat costumes were all the rage this year it seemed. I love Halloween.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charlie only likes to wear his hat with Auntie Meg. It's because she is his best friend.

Carrell said...

Hi Buffy and adorable Charlie! I go to Charlie's site about once a week to view the precious photos and cleaver comments. Could his eyes be any bigger!

Would love to meet Charlie next time he's at Mae Mae's
Carrell