Tuesday, October 2, 2007

second best

If you're transitioning out of breastfeeding or pumping and using a bottle, I've found what I think is the best alternative to the breast. The adiri natural nurser. I was looking for glass bottles, since I've been reading reports of polycarbonate and bisphenol-A chemicals found in baby bottles. We ordered two last week and it showed up at our door within 4 days. I have to say the bottle is a little shocking, if not graphic. It looks very similar to an A cup breast, and feels like one too. It's definitely "natural". The first attempt with Charlie was a miss. KC discovered that the nipple didn't have large enough holes or there just wasn't enough of them, even though we purchased the stage 3 (6+ months). So, I took a needle and made my own. Even after the alteration, Charlie wasn't having it, so I brought in the big guns. Dad. KC was finally able to get Charlie to drink from it and now he loves these bottles. In addition to being a healthier alternative to Avent or Dr. Brown's, the bottle only has two parts that need washing. The bottle and the base, which houses the venting system. They are ridiculously easy to clean. I couldn't be happier with them.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for your honest review! We've all been waiting hear about real life experience with the Natural Nurser, since it's so new on the market. The bottle really is quite a sight to behold!