Sunday, October 7, 2007

It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Morgan

I love Fall! For the last three years, KC and I have driven out to Fall City Farms to choose our pumpkins. The first year we went, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Where I come from, you "pick" your pumpkin out of a huge box outside of Ralph's or Albertson's. If you're lucky, you get to go to the corner pumpkin "patch" which is a black-top parking lot covered with hay and littered with pumpkins (substitute "pumpkin" with "christmas tree" and you also have my childhood memory of picking out x-mas trees).

So, I was not prepared to spend hours in a huge muddy field carefully choosing finalists for the ultimate pumpkin pageant that KC orchestrates at the end of our excursion. He picks his pumpkins off the vine and lines them up side by side, carefully considering the attributes of each one but ultimately choosing them based on how they look as a group. This amuses me and I totally get into it, making KC wear his "pumpkin sweater" each year.

Our trip this year got off to a rocky start, but we made it to the farm no worse for wear. We had a blast. Our pumpkins are beautiful and the gourds we got this year are so funky and fun. Oh, Charlie had a good time too. He wore his "pumpkin sweater" just like Dad. Thank Mae Mae!

More Pumpkin Photos HERE.

No comments: