Saturday, May 31, 2008

Baby...baby...baby?

Charlie's really been into babies lately. He spots babies out and about - "baby?!" He sees them on the television, in books or on the internet - "baby?!" When he wants to see pictures or video of himself, he repeats "baby...baby...baby?!". Not until we go to his blog or pull up a picture of him is he satisfied. So, I decided it was time to get him his very own. I announced to KC today that we would be making a trip to the toy store to pick out a baby doll for Charlie. I didn't give a thought to how my husband would react to this as he's a progressive kind of guy. A smart man with great taste, an open mind with skills in the kitchen, garden and doing laundry. He's sensitive to boot. God I'm a lucky woman. So why did he immediately roll his eyes and say "What?, No we're not. You're joking". As if he was in disbelief or he thought I was trying to be funny. The man struggled with the idea the entire time we searched two stores and then didn't want Charlie to take it out of the car when we went to dinner and Barnes and Noble. What is wrong with him? Where did my liberal, easy-going, non judgemental husband go?

We went to two stores before I found the perfect one. I didn't want it too small as I want Charlie to also be able to grow into it. I wanted it to have a soft body so he could snuggle with it and I was open to looking at both pink and blue dolls. They have a shockingly limited selection for boy dolls, by the way. Really so sad. So, the best one happened to be a Corolle Bebe Do doll with cute pink jammies on. At the first store, they had a few display dolls that Charlie went crazy over. At the second store, KC and Charlie stayed in the car. When I returned to the car, I couldn't get that thing out of the packaging fast enough. Charlie was going wild in the back. "BABY?!, BABY?!, BABY?!". He loves it and even uses the tiny bottle to feed it. I totally forgot how baby dolls are infused with a slight vanilla scent. Dreamy and darling.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This bebe is adorable. Is KC okay? Jack and Dalton have a baby too....AND trucks and trains. Happy Charlie gets to have wonderful parents!!! I love you Charlie! Mae Mae

Anonymous said...

he he. Just imagine how much worse Ryan would ever deal with that compared to KC. At least it's better than the "Chucky" doll I saw in Charlie's room. :)

The Aprecios said...

Hello to you too!! I was so exited to see that you had a blog for two reasons 1) I love to stalk people and see what they are up to, 2) I have been telling my husband about how Charlie is the CUTEST baby ever, and now I can show him a picture!

Its great to see you blogging!

And yes, I have thought about design, but I couldnt leave VOLT!! :) That might be a lie. Dont tell!

Anonymous said...

Well I think Charlie Dear must be very secure in his masculinity to love baby dolls! He is adorable!!

Anonymous said...

G.I. Joe ? ... where are you when we need you ?

Uncle Rick

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm not so anonymous

hry

G.I. Joe worked for me

I do think it's great that Charlie can play with any Doll or any toy he wants to.
KC it's ..... O.K.