Monday, January 28, 2008

One year

Charlie turned one year old today. We celebrated with a snow day and stayed indoors snuggled with Dada, Mae Mae and Auntie Meg. His party on Saturday was so much fun and I think a hit with the guests. Here are some shots from the party.


I made a birthday banner for Charlie and one that we can take out year after year. It was made with ribbon and really fun fabrics I found at a local fabric and craft store. It turned out better than I thought it would and my Mom had the ingenious idea of adding "celebrate" to the other side. Brilliant!

We gave small plants to each guest.

KC and I were up all night cooking chili and baking Charlie's cake. Buttermilk orange cake with homemade lemon curd and white chocolate cream cheese frosting. I would love to take a cake decorating/frosting class.


Charlie was so delicate with the cake and as you can see from the picture above, tickled to be sung to and be the center of attention.

The gifts Charlie received were wonderful. Books, animal puppets, funky t-shirts, rain boots, toys. So generous. Thank you everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darling Charlie turned 1! How beautiful the decor and delicious the food and how lucky Mae Mae was to be there to experience it all. I love you Charlie!

Haydee said...

I love your blog. Wow, That banner is beautiful but your son is gorgeous. You must do a tutorial for the banner. Please pretty please..

Anonymous said...

I was searching online how to make a cute banner and I saw yours. It is so adorable. Can you please let me know how you made this. I have no clue where to start. Thanks for the inspiration. Jen
jenrdh29@yahoo.com